In-Aruba Travel Portal

Need to distract myself

More
13 years 5 months ago #7544 by Vionette
I still have months to go before the trip to Aruba and the wedding, but it's all I can think about. I can hardly sleep at night because I'm so excited. How do you deal with the anticipation of an upcoming trip?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7545 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Need to distract myself
Well you really have two major events coming up with the trip and a wedding whilst on Aruba so I can imagine your excitement (and stress level) is pretty high. I tend to make a few lists and pack or shop for holiday items on a weekly basis as the vacation approaches. This satisfies me to some extent. Good luck.

None

More
13 years 5 months ago #7551 by BeachBunny
That's gotta be tough. I get worked up a few months before a regular vacation, but to throw the excitement of a wedding into the mix...phew. Well, Christmas is coming up. You could try to distract yourself with Christmas shopping. And also do what Shanna said and go shopping for one thing a week for the trip. Even if it's something small, like flip flops, you'll feel like you're getting closer to your big day.

None

More
13 years 5 months ago #7552 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Need to distract myself
Get a massage, do some meditation, try yoga. Relax your mind and enjoy this time of anticipation. This is a big deal and you don't want it to fly by and remember it as a time of anxiety.

None

More
13 years 2 months ago #8435 by sweet gal
I would suggest to never be anxious over all things. As long as you have packed all your things that you will be needing on your wedding and on your vacation, everything will turn just fine. When is your wedding?

None

More
13 years 1 month ago #8659 by prettyinpink
I am also a worrier type especially about travelling or going to a vacation. I sometimes entertain thoughts like what if it happens? or what if the weather will not be good? but somehow when the day comes, i remain to be calm. But i understand in your case because you're to be wed. Its the most unforgettable moment of your life. But be positive, as long as you fix all the details then there's nothing to be worried of.

None

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds