Skip to content
Plan your trip

Starting a business in Aruba

Jobs, work and internships on Aruba

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Starting a business in Aruba

More
15 years 11 months ago #7541 by Toby
I wonder what would be involved in starting a business in Aruba - anyone know? Surely the government wouldn't really oppose it, especially if you were going to be hiring locals. If you were to start a business there, what would it be?

None
More
15 years 11 months ago #7542 by Floater
I'd probably set up some type of arts and crafts store. The beauty of the island triggers a lot of inspiration, I'm sure...

None
More
15 years 11 months ago #7567 by Vionette
The opportunities are endless, but what you would need is to find a market that isn't saturated yet. Gift shops, jewelers, water sports, tour guides - there's a ton of that stuff. I don't have the answer, but I would say something unique would do great.

None
More
15 years 11 months ago #7569 by Youngheart
I would really like to run a business there, sorry I have no information about how possible it would be. I agree that a unique idea would be necessary, and perhaps the best way to find that is through some market research from past and potential visitors. I know one of my daughters enjoys things like yoga and meditation in her regular day. If there is not much available on the island then it would be lucrative to offer this option.

None
More
15 years 9 months ago #7851 by sweet gal
Toby wrote:

I wonder what would be involved in starting a business in Aruba - anyone know? Surely the government wouldn't really oppose it, especially if you were going to be hiring locals. If you were to start a business there, what would it be?

According to my cousin, if you are a citizen of Aruba you do not need to have a business permit unlike those who is not a citizen wherein you are obliged to pay for the business permit. If I would put up a business in Aruba, it would be An Aruban Restaurant. How about you?

None
More
15 years 9 months ago #7857 by britney
Before starting a business you also have to make a business plan or a feasibility study, pay the fees , and register your business. Will you agree with me?

None
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement