In-Aruba Travel Portal

What are the locals in Aruba like?

More
12 years 10 months ago #8790 by Justin
I would love to hear others impressions of the locals. From my experience, the locals love the tourists because they are the main source of income. Have you found this to be true?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8791 by Lantern
I don't have a massive amount of experience to draw on but my impression of local Arubans was that they were generally very relaxed and positive people. I didn't feel they were being especially nice because I was a tourist, in the sense that they wanted my $$. Rather that the priority was to enjoy this beautiful place.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8825 by Jetsetter
I have yet to have an encounter with the locals of Aruba, but based on what I've heard from others, Aruban people are pleasant and warm. I guess their hospitable personality goes with the nature or character of their island - a haven of guests and tourists.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8829 by esmee
Well, I can tell you from my experience, they are very friendly and very polite. I know many people on the Island and when I visit the place, I always witness a very welcome atmosphere. :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #8912 by HurricaneAndy
I'm looking forward to getting there to meet them. I have heard they are very welcoming and will help out any tourists. I wouldn't want to stray too far off of the beaten path though. You know they are people who only wish you ill, just like anywhere else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8935 by junethetraveler
In my experience, the people of Aruba are some of the nicest people on the world. They know how important the tourists are to the kind of life that they live. Because they have a good standard of living they have a lot of respect for tourists.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds