In-Aruba Travel Portal

Currency?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2416 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Currency?
crassus wrote:

What form of currency is most accepted on the island. Even more is the U.S. dollar accepted there, or do I need to exchange it somewhere for the native currency?

I heard that dollars are acceptable. Do you like to use dollar or Aruban florin? Well for me, I suggest you change some of your dollars to their local currency for emergency purposes. You can find some money exchange there so no need to worry.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2426 by reymartin69
Replied by reymartin69 on topic RE:Currency?
Currency is Aruban Florin. Though it is advisable to have Florin money with you, you can pay in U.S. dollars anywhere in Aruba. you can even use your Mastercard or Visa.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2455 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Currency?
bethoven wrote:

1 us dollar= 1.8000 Aruban Florin, or 1 Aruban Florin(AWG)=0.55556 US Dollar (USD). This is based of today's value, aug. 4,09. Do you think this just a small rate?:rolleyes:

I had no idea that the US Dollar was so weak against the Aruban currency. I thought that a fixed rate would mean something closer to a 1:1 ratio.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3167 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Currency?
habagat wrote:

I heard that dollars are acceptable. Do you like to use dollar or Aruban florin? Well for me, I suggest you change some of your dollars to their local currency for emergency purposes. You can find some money exchange there so no need to worry.

To change your dollar to Aruba florin would be advisable. I don't think some of the establishments in Aruba accepts dollar. :) How about the checks? Do you think we could use them in the island?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3182 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Currency?
crassus wrote:

What form of currency is most accepted on the island. Even more is the U.S. dollar accepted there, or do I need to exchange it somewhere for the native currency?

The currency in the island is called Aruba florin. I don't think we could use dollar or any other monetary units other than the Aruba florin. I would suggest you have to exchange it. Does anyone knows if we could use our ATM in their banks?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3205 by linette
Replied by linette on topic RE:Currency?
SunSeeker wrote:

With dollars you can pay anywhere on aruba. You can even get dollars from the ATM.

interesting..it means that aruba really caters all since dollars is one of the no. 1 being widely used..

None

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds