In-Aruba Travel Portal

Tourist Traps?

More
14 years 9 months ago #2429 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
I don't know any of these information. Could there be such place as "tourist traps" in Aruba? If that would be true then, we should be careful. Ask the authorities or the locals for assistance.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2457 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
I think the best way to protect yourself against being overcharged is to read up on Aruba before you go there. If you get a guide or something like that, you can have a better idea of average prices of things or know what places typically overcharge tourists. I suppose your other option is to haggle.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2563 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
crassus wrote:

Are there a lot of tourist traps in Aruba? Is there a particular area that is known for having a lot of overpriced shops and restaurants specifically for tourists?

Ha ha! As long as local merchants notices that you're a tourists, prices of their goods would surely go up.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2571 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
nakchura wrote:

Ha ha! As long as local merchants notices that you're a tourists, prices of their goods would surely go up.

What do you think we should do so that they won't be able to find out we are a tourists of the island? I hope it would be helpful if we dress and act like one of locals.:D

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2578 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
Are you sure, nachura? OMG! it seems that this is not totally good. They could take advantage you because you are a tourist? Wow! you better explore a lot without asking them more. :D:p

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2618 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Tourist Traps?
A tourist always seems to communicate that you have lots of money to spend. If you have something on you that indicates that you have lots of disposable income like a wristband from a cruise, I suggest you hide it because prices will skyrocket. Just learn how to haggle and maybe look like you're on a budget travel.

None

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds