In-Aruba Travel Portal

Arawak Indians

More
14 years 8 months ago #2480 by hirami
Arawak Indians was created by hirami
I haven't heard much about the first native people of Aruba, the Arawak Indians. Does anyone happen to have any information about them?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2954 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Arawak Indians
Well, all I know about them is that they are one of the tribes in Aruba. If I am not mistaken, they live in caves and we could see some of their works there. Do you think the tribe still exists?:o

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2957 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Arawak Indians
I don't think they still exist as of the moment. I would expect some descendants of the tribe but, I doubt if they still do the traditional practices. What cave should I visit? I want to see their works. :)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3045 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Arawak Indians
The history of Aruba is very rich. Although I haven't heard much about Arawak Indians, I know there have been lots of tribes in the island. I wonder, how were they able to survive in caves? Those places are quite dangerous.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3214 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Arawak Indians
If they don't exist anymore, are there any traces of their existence that are still around today? I mean this in terms of archeological finds or fossils or something. I wonder what the school history books say.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3229 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Arawak Indians
I guess, they have that, hirami. Researchers might have this evidences like

this. Fossils is one thing that I do admire to collect. LOL! By the way have you

read about the history of this place?:D

None

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds