In-Aruba Travel Portal

Arawak Indians

More
14 years 7 months ago #3525 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Arawak Indians
bethoven wrote:

The history of Aruba is very rich. Although I haven't heard much about Arawak Indians, I know there have been lots of tribes in the island. I wonder, how were they able to survive in caves? Those places are quite dangerous.

likewise here too bethoven not familiar with the Arawak Indians..i guess this people survive because of their instinct..just imagine our ancestors too during those stone age..

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3551 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Arawak Indians
I hope that the schools make it a priority to educate their students about the original inhabitants of the island. It wouldn't be fair for history to not mention these people, especially since they were here before the Dutch settlers arrived.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3598 by Miss Petit
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Arawak Indians
Yeah, natives of Aruba are called Arawak indians. According to my readings, the term Arawak was used to designate some of the peoples encountered by the Spanish in the West Indies in 1492 and thereafter. Arawak Spanish described them as peaceful people.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3608 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Arawak Indians
Didn't it bother the Arawak Indians when these strange settlers suddenly came to their land and wanted to take it? I wonder how they reacted to both the Dutch and the Spanish.

None

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds