Skip to content
Plan your trip

How to not look like a tourist

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

How to not look like a tourist

More
17 years 1 month ago #2714 by takatenamano
habagat wrote:

I hope I could look like one of them. :D I don't have an idea as to how could that be possible but, if you study Aruba, I guess that would help you somehow. It would take time though. :rolleyes: Does the locals have blond hair?


Can't say now, there are may blondies there these days and you just won't be able to easily determine whether they're tourists or not.

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3084 by brandy
It would be quite difficult to act like them when you don't have an idea as to what you are doing. I would suggest that you study their country and the language as well. Why would you deny the fact that you are a tourist? I mean, just don't give your trust to a stranger and everything would be fine.:)

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3106 by lilibeth
brandy wrote:

It would be quite difficult to act like them when you don't have an idea as to what you are doing. I would suggest that you study their country and the language as well. Why would you deny the fact that you are a tourist? I mean, just don't give your trust to a stranger and everything would be fine.:)


and of course for sure we don't or you don't look like locals( i presumed)..you got the point there..never trust a stranger..just be civil and refuse anything that is offer to you unless you're with the group..:)

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3128 by bethoven
takatenamano wrote:

Hmm... Not bad. But I think Arubans really have a standard way of dressing though.


What do you mean by standard way of dressing? :confused: I always thought that they would wear T-shirt, shorts and pants just like in other countries. Does anyone knows the clothes that they wear?

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3169 by habagat
takatenamano wrote:

Can't say now, there are may blondies there these days and you just won't be able to easily determine whether they're tourists or not.



I think you are right. Recently, I have seen a picture of an Aruba local and they don't have blond hair. If you wanted to look like them, you should have a darker hair. Do you think changing the hair color would be helpful somehow?

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3220 by hirami
I would expect Arubans to have a darker skin color, considering their geographic location. So, I guess having a general knowledge about where you are and where you are going is the best policy. Anything else? I'm sure there are more tips and tricks for traveling that could be applied in Aruba as well as any place.

None
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement