In-Aruba Travel Portal

Caves

More
14 years 8 months ago #2901 by bethoven
Caves was created by bethoven
Aruba has very abundant history and culture. We could find more information about the past of the island through its caves. Does anyone knows any caves in Aruba?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2941 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Caves
Aruba has lots of caves. I know one and it's called Fontein cave. The Arawak Indians are the first tribe, I think, in Aruba and you would see some of their paintings and drawings in the cave. Most probably, they live in this place. ;) Do you think there would be lots of bats in the cave?:o

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2967 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Caves
I know there would be lots of bats in this kind of places. I am not quite sure if they would be harmless. :o Anyway, does anyone knows where we could find the caves in Aruba?

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7963 by millionaireman
Replied by millionaireman on topic RE:Caves
another cave would be the guadirikiri caves it is located at the Arikok National Wildlife Park, the main chamber of the cave would be around 100 ft long and it is illuminated by sunlight through the holes on the roof of the cave. will you visit this cave?

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7971 by francis
Replied by francis on topic RE:Caves
this would be interesting, i love to trek around, visit historic sites and natural made structures like caves. what can we see inside guadirikiri cave?

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #8000 by millionaireman
Replied by millionaireman on topic RE:Caves
well according to legend the Guadirikiri cave was previously used as a hideout by Caribbean pirates so there is a possibility that you might be able find some pirate treasure if the legend is true :rolleyes: . However, what i am sure about is hundreds of fruit bats consider the cave as their home. are you fond of bats?

None

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds