Skip to content
Plan your trip

African Influences

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

African Influences

More
17 years 1 month ago #3313 by hirami
African Influences was created by hirami
Someone mentioned that one of the main influences visible in Aruban culture was African. Where is African culture and influence seen the most? Where is it the strongest?

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3325 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:African Influences
Based on what I have read last time, the musics and other festival arts where the one that influences to the Aruba's culture from African. Well, I could say, they are a good influence to the culture, guys. How about you, what can you say with that influence?

None
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #3345 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:African Influences
So it's just the music and art? Do you mean like the instruments used in the music and the style of the music? I wonder if it has any resemblance to the music of other island nations that have been influenced by African culture. What about the food?

None
More
17 years 1 week ago #3458 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:African Influences
I don't know about the African influences. I thought that the culture of Aruba was influenced by the Dutch and Spaniards. I wonder, do you think we could see some African people in the island?

None
More
17 years 1 week ago #3498 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:African Influences
habagat wrote:

Based on what I have read last time, the musics and other festival arts where the one that influences to the Aruba's culture from African. Well, I could say, they are a good influence to the culture, guys. How about you, what can you say with that influence?


great! i have no idea about the African culture being visible in Aruba..thanks for giving us this information habagat..

None
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement