In-Aruba Travel Portal

Natural Disasters

More
14 years 5 months ago #3495 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Natural Disasters
hirami wrote:

Aruba seems to have it all--warm weather all year round, beautiful landscapes, and its location outside of the hurricane zone, but are there any natural disasters to be concerned about? Are there any volcanoes?

well i havent heard of any catastrophic events that happened in Aruba..

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3611 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Natural Disasters
I don't mean to sound grim or negative, but no place has it all. Even the most beautiful of places can have a natural flaw, usually something deadly. I've noticed that natural disasters have been on the rise lately, and Aruba is surrounded by water. Has there ever been a tsunami near there?

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3618 by Miss Petit
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Natural Disasters
There are cases of hurricanes which lies outside the Caribbean hurricane belt and is rarely threatened.

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3624 by takatenamano
Replied by takatenamano on topic RE:Natural Disasters
hirami wrote:

Aruba seems to have it all--warm weather all year round, beautiful landscapes, and its location outside of the hurricane zone, but are there any natural disasters to be concerned about? Are there any volcanoes?

I don't know about any volcanoes there but natural disasters do occur there still even though they are out of the hurricane belt. Just early this year Aruba was devastated by a storm. I just forgot exactly when.

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3631 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Natural Disasters
Was it a tropical storm or just a hurricane-like storm that came out of season? Maybe this storm was a result of a hurricane that separated from a much larger storm. Was everyone okay?

None

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds