In-Aruba Travel Portal

Military in Aruba

More
14 years 5 months ago #3586 by hirami
Military in Aruba was created by hirami
Does Aruba have its own military? How does Aruba deal with protecting its country? Is that Aruba or Holland's responsibility? Do they at least have a self-defense force like Japan does?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3594 by Miss Petit
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Military in Aruba
As what I have researcehd and have read, there are no regular military forces. The Netherlands maintains a detachment of marines and an amphibious combat detachment in the neighboring Netherlands Antilles.

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3604 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Military in Aruba
I'm sure that they probably never really have to use their military forces since it's a tropical country, but it's nice to know that Holland is looking after the people there. Can Arubans join the armed forces that they have stationed in their country?

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3627 by takatenamano
Replied by takatenamano on topic RE:Military in Aruba
Holland? Why would Holland protect Aruba? Is Aruba related to Holland or what?

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3635 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Military in Aruba
Holland is the country that has control of Aruba. Holland is just the name of the country for the Dutch people. I don't know why that worked out the way it did in English, but that's what we say.

None

More
14 years 5 months ago #3643 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Military in Aruba
hirami wrote:

Does Aruba have its own military? How does Aruba deal with protecting its country? Is that Aruba or Holland's responsibility? Do they at least have a self-defense force like Japan does?

i guess as what others have said its Holland and other member of Netherlands Antilles whose in charge on the defense thing of which includes also economic, political and even cultural affairs..actually its the first time that i had known about the military situation and etc in Aruba..

None

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds