Skip to content
Plan your trip

Don't They Want to Be Free?

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Don't They Want to Be Free?

More
17 years 2 days ago #3588 by hirami
How long has Aruba been under Dutch rule? Is there a movement for Aruba to gain independence? I'm sure people there want to be able to say that Aruba is an independent country.

None
More
17 years 1 day ago #3589 by Miss Petit
Has Aruba been colonized also by Americans? If so, what culture did they adopt from Americans?

None
More
17 years 1 day ago #3599 by hirami
I don't think that America has any kind of claim on Aruba. That island is still under Dutch rule, and I don't think the Dutch is sharing ownership with another country. I wonder if there has been anything going on in Aruban legislature dealing with cutting its ties with Holland? Does Aruba have an agreement with Holland similar to China's agreement with Britian?

None
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement