In-Aruba Travel Portal

Emeralds

More
14 years 3 months ago #3829 by Kat
Emeralds was created by Kat
Ladies, if you are an emerald lover (like me!) you definitely want to shop in Aruba. I have the most stunning emerald/diamond cocktail ring that I bought there about 10 years ago...for next to nothing. There are jewelry stores boasting gorgeous emeralds all over the island and the customer service in the jewelry stores is amazing. My ring would have cost three times as much if I bought it in the States. Trust me - I was shocked when I came home and had it appraised.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3832 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Emeralds
I have heard a little about some of the jewelry stores but not enough to get a good list going. Do most stores carry this or only in a certain area (esp. those for the best deals)?

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3835 by Reggie
Replied by Reggie on topic RE:Emeralds
That sounds great! My wife will be pleased. She likes jewelry of any kind but the emerald is her particular favorite. I may have to hold my money close when we go or she may buy the island out!:D

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #3964 by Ginger
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:Emeralds
So perfect. My sister's birthday is in May, emerald is her birthstone. I'll definitely be her favorite sister when she sees her souvenir. Is there a particular jewelry store you would recommend?

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #3967 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Emeralds
Honestly, no. They're all great. Believe it or not, even the prices in the hotel jewelry stores are cheaper than they would be in the States. What I would say is go into Oranjestad, walk around, and talk to the different jewelers. There are tons of them and they are very willing to haggle.

I think it took me about a half a day to come to an arrangement with a particular jeweler. I would recommend that store, but I visited so many that day and I can't remember which one it was.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #3975 by Ginger
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:Emeralds
Does the pricing hold true for all jewelry or just rings? I'd love to find a great pair of earrings for my sister, she's not really the cocktail ring type. If not earrings, then maybe a bracelet. Also, how are their prices on sapphires, or are the deals mainly on emeralds?

None

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds