Skip to content
Plan your trip

Jeeps

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Jeeps

More
16 years 8 months ago #3955 by Kat
Jeeps was created by Kat
For at least part of your trip in Aruba, I would sincerely recommend renting a Jeep. The weather is so perfect there that a Jeep is the best vehicle to have day or night. And there really is so much to see and do and it would be best to have your own vehicle to go wherever you want whenever you want.

Also, part of the island is totally undeveloped and a Jeep is the perfect mode of transportation to get you through the dunes. There are some really terrific private coves where you can go for a picnic or just hang out for part of the day.

The first time I went to Aruba we rented a motorcycle and it was a lot of fun, but there were some places we couldn't access with a bike.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3957 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Jeeps
Where are the jeep rentals? I think it's an amazing idea to rent a jeep for transportation. Especially if there are some areas that you can't get through without transportation.

Anyone know of any rental places?

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3968 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Jeeps
The concierge at your hotel will have a list of the rental places. There are several to choose from so haggling is always an option. Once you decide on one, they'll usually offer to come pick you up, which is nice because it saves you from paying for a taxi.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3972 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Jeeps
That's great advice Kat, thanks for sharing. Do you think a common jeep is enough to reach the undeveloped places, or we will need a special jeep for offroad use?

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3976 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Jeeps
I've always been fine with a regular Wrangler. It's really just the perfect vehicle because this is definitely a wind-in-your-hair type of place :) I even normally show up wind blown at the fanciest restaurants, lol.

None
More
16 years 8 months ago #3977 by beachcomber
Replied by beachcomber on topic RE:Jeeps
I rented a car the last time I went to Aruba. I never even thought about renting a Jeep. That's a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

None
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement