In-Aruba Travel Portal

Getting around Aruba

More
14 years 9 months ago #1806 by tex0322
Replied by tex0322 on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
I have a couple of friends who went to Aruba about a year ago. They said they rented scooters to get around and they really enjoyed them. It gave them the freedom to see what they wanted and do what they wanted, when they wanted!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1875 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
We always rent a car. We have a very cheap address where you can rent a car. Do not expect too much of this car. It drives. But this company is very cheap and they are super friendly. This company is located in San Nicolas. The company name is Clemie’s.
We have a tip. If you rent a car at this company, close your windows when you are in front of the traffic lights. If you hit the gas when the light turns green you firs will passed by a big black cloud of smoke which is produced by your car.:D
Anyway.. It gives a real Caribbean feeling when you are cruising around in a rental car. It gives you lots of freedom.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #1890 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
"close your windows at a traffic light..." haha i would love to drive that car

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2003 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
sharird wrote:

Wondering what the best mode(s) of transportation are while vacationing in Aruba. Should we rent a car or is there mass transit? Or is it best to simply walk and take cabs? Thanks for the info.

The island is not quite huge so I think it would be better to walk around the place. Taking cabs would be fine but I suggest you take the bus instead. Bus is the cheapest transportation in the island. How about that?

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2023 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
Is there any other kind of public or mass transportation system running in Aruba? I was thinking something like a train system in the capital or something.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2034 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Getting around Aruba
One of my aunt's friend arrived few weeks ago from Aruba. She said that it was really a good place for vacation. Perhaps, our family is planning to visit this place and rent a car for our transportation. Well, I guess, you may also rent car, so that you don't have any transportation problem. Do you think its a good idea? :rolleyes:

None

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds