Skip to content
Plan your trip

Costs?

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Costs?

More
16 years 7 months ago #3998 by Reggie
Costs? was created by Reggie
Is everything in Aruba really expensive compared to the US or the UK? I was just wondering how much I needed to save up before I come for a visit.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4017 by Jordan
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Costs?
I'd make sure to bring as much as I could so I didn't have to miss anything. It would be a shame to come somewhere as unique as Aruba and then not get to do something because I didn't have the money.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4021 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Costs?
I have found the cost of being in Aruba comparable to any other Caribbean island. I don't know about the UK, but it is definitely more expensive than the US. For example, my daily dining budget for 2 people would look something like this: $25 for breakfast, $35 for lunch, and $100 for dinner. Plus beach/pool bar cocktails.

Of course, I'm sure it's possible to save a little money by grabbing a sandwich for dinner instead of going to a more upscale restaurant. Also, you could cut corners by keeping cereal and milk in your room for breakfast if you have a mini fridge.

There's your food. Then you'll want to factor in other activities such as sightseeing, shopping, water sports, and vehicle rental.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4045 by Ginger
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:Costs?
Vacations are always expensive though. That's why you only go once a year (or twice if you're really fortunate). You budget and save and play tightwad for most of the year so you can live like a king for a week or so in the tropics. But for that week or so, it all seems so worth it. I plan on hoarding as much money as I can between now and vacation because I don't want to miss anything once I finally make it to Aruba.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4047 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Costs?
Yeah, we haven't been on vacation in like 2 years so we have a good bit saved up for our next one. We are thinking of maybe even staying two weeks!

None
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement