In-Aruba Travel Portal

Child Care Services in Aruba Resorts

More
14 years 2 months ago #4056 by Ginger
We're pretty much set for child care while we're away, but my brother and sister-in-law may have to bring their 6 year old with them. Playing on the beach all day won't be a problem, and taking her shopping should be fine since she's a well behaved child. But, assuming we want to enjoy the nightlife, do any of the resorts in Aruba offer child care services? We would never hire anyone outside of the resort staff, but if it was a service available through them it would be fine.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4063 by Jordan
That would be a concern. Maybe they have nanny services available at some of the resorts. You would certainly want to be assured they would be professional if you left your child with them.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4064 by coconut
I have seen sites like ABS and Care.com but I would want to check up first before hiring anyone. I know the latter allows for backround checks/etc but the ABS site does not (that I could find).

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4067 by Kat
I've never looked into childcare in Aruba, but I know I've seen these services on other islands. I'm sure the larger, family friendly resorts offer sitters. I would think they be careful with the people they hire for this job since bad publicity could be very, very bad for business.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4068 by beachcomber
I know that the Occidental Grand Aruba offers childcare services, also the Divi Aruba. I have no idea what the rates are but I know that I would rather have someone from the resort oversee my children than just any local offering services.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4077 by travelinggal
Oh, I would definitely go with someone hired from the hotel and not a local. Make sure they require childcare certification and background checks though.

None

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds