Skip to content
Plan your trip

Winter Getaway

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Winter Getaway

More
16 years 6 months ago #4643 by ThomianGyal
Winter Getaway was created by ThomianGyal
The trick with visiting Aruba as a winter getaway is that EVERYBODY does it. Yet, you don't necessarily want to go in the summer during hurricane season and take your chances with the weather (though tickets and cruises are much cheaper, then!). So when is the best time to visit? Just after and just before hurricane season, in my opinion, where it's not overcrowded, the weather is just as nice as the rest of the year, and prices are skyrocketing.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4644 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Winter Getaway
Most people I have talked to say there really is no hurricane season in Aruba- for some reason Aruba gets missed. We are planning our trip in the summer. We will take our chances with the weather.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #5007 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Winter Getaway
I do think it's rare for Aruba to get hit, which is nice because it allows them to have that great reputation, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Hurricanes are difficult to predict and have surprised people with their courses before.

Not trying to frighten you, just noticing a common idea and questioning it. Enjoy your trip!

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #5013 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic RE:Winter Getaway
I wouldn't want to go during peak season.

I wonder if it is like any other tourist place. I wonder if during peak season everything is booming and during the quiet times thing shut down. Or do things stay open all through the year?

None
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement