Skip to content
Plan your trip

Aruba exporting Aloe Vera?

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Aruba exporting Aloe Vera?

More
16 years 6 months ago #4653 by offseason
I read that Aruba used to export aloe vera. During the late 1900s and early 2000s, it was even the leading exporter of the plant in the world. So, do they still grow aloe vera in this island?

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4722 by Grable
I've heard it's still one of the world's largest producers of Aloe Vera. Sounds like a good industry is going on down there. I'd be interested to tour the factor and see the history. They do a tour of all of it I've heard.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4727 by WaterWings
I didn't know that! I did understand that Aruba is more of a desert environment rather than a tropical jungle environment. Of course the resorts have done a lot of landscaping but it's not usual for the island to have a lot of vegetation.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4741 by ThomianGyal
I'm sure they're still growing it and using it as another source of economical income, just as tourism is used. Many Caribbean islands have their niche products that they grow and export.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4746 by Grable
It sounds like it's a good place to grow it! Aloe does very well in sand so they have the perfect environment for it. I use aloe quite a bit at home so I'm going to go see how they process it.

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4771 by offseason
Thanks for the information Grable. I didn't know that aloe vera grows well in sand. I have some at home but I plant in soil and not sand. I think they process aloe vera to make many products including shampoos.

None
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement