In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba Donkey Sanctuary

More
14 years 1 week ago #4807 by Kat
Aruba Donkey Sanctuary was created by Kat
Yup, there is a donkey sanctuary on the island :) I think they have about 50-70 donkeys. Donkeys used to roam freely on the island, but I think this sanctuary tries to take most of them in now.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4808 by ThomianGyal
That's wonderful! Donkeys roam many islands in the Caribbean, or at least the ones where they haven't been killed off because they were considered "pests" after cars were introduced. :( I'm glad the people of Aruba chose a different solution.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4813 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
That's great news. Do you mean they just established it? It's sad that donkeys are considered pests and to be killed, while in many other places they are considered "pets".

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4831 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
That is the coolest thing! I would love to go see that! How neat that they are in 1 place, and a lot safer for them too I bet. Do you know the cost to go? Is there a cost to go see the donkeys?

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4837 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
If I'm not mistaken there is a tour you can take to see the donkeys. I'm sure there is also a fee to take the tour. You can see the donkeys from the vehicle but since they are wild I doubt very much you'd get to pet or ride them, unless they have some tame ones around.

None

More
14 years 4 days ago #4912 by vacationer
This is awesome. :) I would love to see this. Quite honestly, I would love to see the donkeys roam free. I wonder if the donkeys aren't around to roam free now because of the tourists?

None

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds