Skip to content
Plan your trip

Aruba Donkey Sanctuary

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Aruba Donkey Sanctuary

More
16 years 5 months ago #4807 by Kat
Aruba Donkey Sanctuary was created by Kat
Yup, there is a donkey sanctuary on the island :) I think they have about 50-70 donkeys. Donkeys used to roam freely on the island, but I think this sanctuary tries to take most of them in now.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4808 by ThomianGyal
That's wonderful! Donkeys roam many islands in the Caribbean, or at least the ones where they haven't been killed off because they were considered "pests" after cars were introduced. :( I'm glad the people of Aruba chose a different solution.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4813 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
That's great news. Do you mean they just established it? It's sad that donkeys are considered pests and to be killed, while in many other places they are considered "pets".

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4831 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
That is the coolest thing! I would love to go see that! How neat that they are in 1 place, and a lot safer for them too I bet. Do you know the cost to go? Is there a cost to go see the donkeys?

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4837 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
If I'm not mistaken there is a tour you can take to see the donkeys. I'm sure there is also a fee to take the tour. You can see the donkeys from the vehicle but since they are wild I doubt very much you'd get to pet or ride them, unless they have some tame ones around.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4912 by vacationer
This is awesome. :) I would love to see this. Quite honestly, I would love to see the donkeys roam free. I wonder if the donkeys aren't around to roam free now because of the tourists?

None
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement