In-Aruba Travel Portal

Map of Aruba

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4953 by SunSeeker
Map of Aruba was created by SunSeeker
Locating Areas of Activity

If you are interested in visiting Aruba, you may have to break out a map to identify exactly where it is in the world. This tiny island is only 20 miles long and 7 miles wide. It is located a mere 15 miles from the coast of Venezuela, which is a country on the northern coast of South America. This positioning places Aruba far south enough that hurricanes rarely occur there. This is a great benefit that many future visitors to the island consider when weighing their tropical vacation options. If you pull out a map of Aruba, there are several geographical points that will stand out to you.

A large proportion of the island is dedicated to Arikok National Park. This one-of-a-kind preserve is a pleasing place to be for those who love wildlife. Snakes, lizards, birds and many different kinds of plants call this tropical paradise their home. The well-marked paths make navigating through the park simple and easy. By looking at a map of Aruba, you can clearly see where the commonly traversed roads end and the national park begins. Located on the eastern shore of Aruba, Arikok takes up about 20% of the entire area of the island.

With an examination of a map of Aruba, you will also notice that most of the resorts and other popular tourist locations are located on the western shore of the island. This is because the waters are calmer on this side of the island. To the north and east of Aruba is the vast Caribbean Sea. However, to the south and the west of the island is South America, making the waters calmer on that side. Calm waters make excellent relaxing places for tourists who want waters for swimming in and a calm beach to sunbathe. However, more adventurous people may choose to explore the eastern coast of Aruba . Some of the finest surfing in the world can be found there on waves that dwarf those found on the opposite coastline.

On a map of Aruba you will also notice that roads seem to fan out from Oranjestad. This is the capital city and the place where the most popular resorts are located. However, Sint Nicolaas, situated at the southern tip, is a popular place to visit during your stay as well. The wonderful beaches that can be found there along with unique eateries like Charlie’s Bar should not be passed up.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #5012 by islandhopper
Replied by islandhopper on topic RE:Map of Aruba
I never surf but always wanted to learn how to surf. Will it be okay to surf on the eastern shores even I'm just learning to surf? Are the waves only for experienced surfers?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds