In-Aruba Travel Portal

Hospitals

More
14 years 3 days ago #4984 by ThomianGyal
Hospitals was created by ThomianGyal
How good are the hospitals in Aruba? I've never had to go to one, knock on wood, but I know that in some places people instruct their family to fly them to hospitals stateside no matter the emergency rather than be treated on some islands.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #4986 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Hospitals
I think for any traveler it would depend on what is exactly wrong that you need the medical attention for in the first place. Things like a random cut/etc not that big of a deal unless its by a local animal or so on.

None

More
14 years 2 days ago #4989 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic RE:Hospitals
This is something I always worry about when I am away from home. Call me OCD but I always make sure I know where the hospital is located in case there is an emergency.

None

More
14 years 2 days ago #4997 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Hospitals
I have never thought about locating the hospital when I am on vacation. It is a good idea. You never know when something is going to go wrong.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5192 by BeachBum
Replied by BeachBum on topic RE:Hospitals
In Aruba all hotels have a doctor on call 24 hours a day. There hospital, named Dr. Horacio Oduber Hospital, is located just a few miles outside of the hotel sector. I have heard that the care is very good. I don't know that from personal experience but I hope I never have to find out.;)

None

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds