In-Aruba Travel Portal

Windsurfing in Aruba?

More
13 years 11 months ago #5186 by BeachBum
Replied by BeachBum on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
mitchelle15 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me my super cool experience about windsurfing. My first time was at Fisherman's Huts. For one week of training, I learned the elements of sailing thou I encountered problems in balancing. Thanks for all friendly instructors who taught me to ride in big waves.

That was one of the many things I didn't get to do when I was in Aruba last year. Next time I go I'm going down their for a full week so I can have the opportunity to learn how to windsurf. Such an exciting sport!:D

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5230 by kiro
Replied by kiro on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
Just go to any of the popular windsurfing places. Most of them will give you a few lessons for free.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5253 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
I think I have decided to give it a try for sure. I'm really excited about it, I love stuff like that. I'm going to look around and see if I can find somewhere that offers lessons from a professional though. I don't want to get hurt trying it.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5256 by kiro
There are lots of places to rent windsurfing equipment and get some basic lessons in Aruba. It's tons of fun and very popular there. Please check out this link. This is where I rent equipment from when I go to Aruba a couple of times a year.

[url] www.arubawindsurfing.com/equipment.html [/url]

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5257 by kiro
Windsurfing in Aruba is pretty safe actually. The winds aren't to strong and the waves are relatively mild. Plus you can have a lot of fun with it in quite shallow water which helps the safety factor.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5282 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
Thanks for posting that link. I have been looking all over trying to find a good place to rent equipment. It makes me feel much better to have a good recommendation from someone. I'm so excited about trying this now!

None

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds