In-Aruba Travel Portal

Wild life in Aruba

More
13 years 11 months ago #5301 by BeachBum
Wild life in Aruba was created by BeachBum
I was wondering if anyone knew all of what wildlife was present in Aruba. I know that there are certain types of rattlesnakes, and dolphins, but what else is there?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5313 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Wild life in Aruba
I'm not too crazy about the thought of rattlesnakes, but I've heard about a Dolphin Academy on a nearby island that you can swim with dolphins. I think you can go scuba diving to see a lot of beautiful tropical fish. It amazes me just to watch such pretty fish on television, I can only imagine how amazing it is up close.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5334 by BeachBum
Replied by BeachBum on topic RE:Wild life in Aruba
You should be okay as far as the rattlesnakes go, just stay away from the rocks in the evening. Swimming with dolphins sounds like a blast. I'll have to add that to my to-do list when I go down there this summer.:D

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5338 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Wild life in Aruba
Interesting I had no idea there were rattlesnakes in Aruba although I would prefer not to run into one of those! I would love to go swimming with the dolphins though.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5343 by beachcomber
Replied by beachcomber on topic RE:Wild life in Aruba
It's too bad you're not interested in the snakes. Aruba has two species that are not found anywhere else in the world. One is a rattlesnake that doesn't use it's rattle but he's still poisonous. The other is called a santanero is not poisonous.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5356 by sandboom
Replied by sandboom on topic RE:Wild life in Aruba
I like to watch rattle snakes on television but I would never mess with them in the real life. And that's what they expect from us when they are rattling.

None

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds