Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
I am going to be looking for one of these for a friend of mine, as authentic as possible so not just a random souvenir to take back home. I wonder if there are any places I could check out while there that would be willing to part with local history if the price is right.
When you start considering something like this, you have to think more about customs than you do the locals being willing to sell it. You may not be allowed to take it off the island and your home country may not allow you to bring it into the country. It's something you should check out before you buy.