In-Aruba Travel Portal

Driving in Aruba

More
13 years 10 months ago #5602 by beth
Driving in Aruba was created by beth
Can tourists drive in Aruba? If we have a liscence in our home country, are we legally allowed to drive, or do you need some sort of international liscence? We have never rented a car while travelling before, so I'm not sure what the protocol is.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5621 by mitchelle15
Replied by mitchelle15 on topic RE:Driving in Aruba
Are you from United States? If yes, you're allowed to drive in Aruba using your personal license. Make sure that it's a valid license. I've rented car in Aruba many times and I did not encounter any problem about my US license. The most important is you follow their road regulations.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5627 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Driving in Aruba
I like the idea of driving if I have to when on vacation but most times I would rather walk or have someone else drive. I guess thats what happens when you are used to driving for a living.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5642 by Back2Aruba
Replied by Back2Aruba on topic RE:Driving in Aruba
I believe you can, but I personally don't think you need to. The hotel brought us from the hotel to the the resort(it was included in our package), for all of our excursions we took the bus if transportation wasn't provided, but quite often it was. We were there for 7 days and I never felt like we needed a car.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5708 by conytom
Replied by conytom on topic RE:Driving in Aruba
What's driving like in Aruba? Is it nice and orderly like in the US or do they pretty much drive the way they want to? Are there many car accidents?

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5709 by Jolene
Replied by Jolene on topic RE:Driving in Aruba
Renting a car is a good idea, then you can go wherever you want whenever you want. What side of the road do they drive on in Aruba?

None

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds