In-Aruba Travel Portal

Tenting around Aruba

More
13 years 9 months ago #6097 by beth
Tenting around Aruba was created by beth
So I just got back from a 2 week trip to Aruba with my Boyfriend. It was absolutely amazing and I recommend it for EVERYONE! We were travelling on a tight budget so we ended up taking a tent and camping out on beaches wherever we went. I recommend this for the adventurous type because there were lots of little critters that found their way into our home, but we met tons of people and watched numerous sunsets right on the beach. And we were free to go explore the lesser known areas because we could always find someone willing to let up set up camp behind their house if there were no campgrounds. It was a great experience for us because we weren't huge on the fancy resorts etc that are everywhere. And we saved a ton of money. It's an option that most don't think about when planning their trip.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6101 by MatchPoint
Replied by MatchPoint on topic RE:Tenting around Aruba
I would be very careful about that. The last time I was in Aruba I had to show proof of accommodation in Aruba. They might not ask everyone for this but they do ask a certian percentage of people for this. If you show up and you are asked for this they may not let you board the plane if you do not have it.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #6104 by conytom
Replied by conytom on topic RE:Tenting around Aruba
That sounds really neat and our family loves to camp! MatchPoint, were you asked by the airlines for proof of accommodations? I'm going to check with our airlines on that to see what the regulations are on that. I would suppose that a travel agent would also know. Of course, if one arrives with sleeping bags and a tent that would be proof that you were planning to camp.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #6118 by Philly
Replied by Philly on topic RE:Tenting around Aruba
Conyton I had a giggle over the image of you showing up at the airport with all that camping gear! :D:D. It does sound like a nice change, but I am afraid my camping days are long over. Hot water is no longer a luxury but a necessity :)

None

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds