Skip to content
Plan your trip

Dutch Aruba

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Dutch Aruba

More
16 years 2 months ago #6327 by Nakko
Dutch Aruba was created by Nakko
I am confused about something. I should know this too. Is Aruba called the Dutch Caribbean because it is a part of the Netherlands, or because it used to be a part of the Netherlands, but at some point gained independence?

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6341 by Poker Jim
Replied by Poker Jim on topic RE:Dutch Aruba
I think it was originally a colony of Spain but somehow passed into Dutch hands. I do know that the citizens of Aruba hold Dutch passports. Does this mean that they also get the benefits of EU citizenship?

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6347 by SaltnPepper
Replied by SaltnPepper on topic RE:Dutch Aruba
Yes Jim, they do. They are really lucky to have the right to live and work in any of those marvellous European countries. I wonder how many do take that opportunity, considering that they already have so much going on to enjoy at 'home'.

None
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement