Skip to content
Plan your trip

What is the Birthday song in Aruba?

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

What is the Birthday song in Aruba?

More
16 years 2 months ago #6436 by tasha424
I know that they have 4 languages there so there are probably four of them. Does anyone know what the English birthday song they sing in Aruba is?

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6471 by 9nickels5hearts
I believe the Papiamento song is We want a drink and a cake, sung to the happy birthday tune we are familiar with:

Salu ku bolo nos ke
Salu ku bolo nos ke
Salu ku bolo, salu ku bolo
Salu ku bolo nos ke.

Si no tin nos ta bai
Si no tin nos ta bai
Si no tin, si no tin,
Si no tin nos ta bai

Si tin nos ta keda
Si tin nos ta keda
Si tin, si tin,
Si tin, nos ta keda.

But I could be mixing that up with another island.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6485 by Playn Jane
You know I never thought of the song being in other languages! I have heard it in English when in a restaurant but perhaps that was a tourist's birthday party!

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6499 by omega
Nice to know. My daughter's b day is today. She is three. To bad I couldn't take her to Aruba for her birthday. She would have been treated like a princess.

None
More
16 years 2 months ago #6502 by 2muchfun
Here is the Dutch version if you are interested. I'm guessing they only sing it in Dutch to Dutch nationals. You could always make a special request.

Lang zal hij/zij leven, lang zal hij/zij leven,
lang zal hij/zij leven in de gloria, in de gloria,
in de gloria.
Hieper de piep hoera, hieper de piep
hoera, hieper de piep hoera!

None
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement