In-Aruba Travel Portal

Walking the length of Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6607 by Philly
My husband has had the idea of walking across Aruba, literally from one end to the other. I know it isn't really very far but is this a reasonable idea?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6614 by SaltnPepper
Perhaps you could persuade him to walk the width first? It is only between 2 - 8 miles, compared to the 21 miles if you measure the length. I have no idea of how walkable it is in the way you mean though.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6624 by Sunl0ver363
I would guess that whether someone could do 21 miles of hot and slightly changing terrain (assuming there is a legally clear path to do it) that you would want to assess whether they are in shape to do it.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6631 by romana
You will want to have a really good hiking back pack if you are going to do that. Remember to bring lots of water and other things like that. You would want to plan.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6647 by Playn Jane
I'm not sure it is possible in a straight path but it would be an unusual achievement for sure. Perhaps it could be planned in stages so you get to see the whole island over the entire vacation?

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6677 by Philly
Many thanks for the replies and advice. I will admit he is not much of a planner, more of a dreamer! I will work on some of the ideas here and see what he thinks.

None

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds