In-Aruba Travel Portal

Electronics on Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6922 by Chipper
Electronics on Aruba was created by Chipper
Will my Blackberry work on Aruba? I know it sounds lame to be asking, my Mom despairs of me, but I really want to be able to keep up with a few things while I am away!:)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7038 by horselover
Replied by horselover on topic RE:Electronics on Aruba
Most US cellular phones do not work in Aruba. However, some Blackberries on Cingular, T-mobile or AT&T can be used as cell phones, but they can't be used to send and receive emails.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #7047 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Electronics on Aruba
Like she/he said. Most cell phones won't work outside of a select few. You would have to call your telephone carrier and see if they are on of the ones who have service area their. Even if you do I believe it is billed at roaming.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #7056 by zoie4
Replied by zoie4 on topic RE:Electronics on Aruba
I know that sprint does not work there. Some Nextel phones do work there but only if you have international calling. You can actually rent a phone instead and buy calling cards.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #7062 by jetski
Replied by jetski on topic RE:Electronics on Aruba
The last time I was in Aruba I rented a phone. It allowed me to call anywhere locally which helped with reservations and transportation. I gave family my hotel number as an emergency contact and used WiFi to make my friends back home jealous.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #7071 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:Electronics on Aruba
Thanks for the replies and the information. I think I'd better start making a plan for using something else to follow up the things I am unable to ignore while away. Renting a phone for local calls sounds good, I was planning more on using the reminder and email facilities on mine.

None

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds