In-Aruba Travel Portal

Smoking in Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6967 by BeachBunny
Smoking in Aruba was created by BeachBunny
The last time I was in Aruba smoking was allowed everywhere...even in small shops and stores. Does anyone know if this has changed? I don't really care if I can't smoke while shopping, but it was nice to be in a place that had smoking sections in restaurants.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6971 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:Smoking in Aruba
From what I know it is still pretty easy to smoke in most places on the island, though some hotels and resorts are now making designated smoking areas and rooms. Just don't think that because of the Dutch connections that smoking anything more than tobacco will be okay. :D

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6973 by travelbug
Replied by travelbug on topic RE:Smoking in Aruba
I had no idea that this was the case in Aruba. I have a terrible problem with cigarette smoke, and many times if I breathe it for any amount of time at all, I have problems breathing. We're going to have to figure out how to handle this new problem if we continue with our plans to go to Aruba.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6980 by romana
Replied by romana on topic RE:Smoking in Aruba
Yeah I was shocked when I was eating at a restaurant and the people at the next table lit up. It was pretty gross to try to eat with all that smoke. There are restaurants who ban it just because American customers do not like it.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6984 by Playn Jane
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:Smoking in Aruba
travelbug wrote:

I had no idea that this was the case in Aruba. I have a terrible problem with cigarette smoke, and many times if I breathe it for any amount of time at all, I have problems breathing. We're going to have to figure out how to handle this new problem if we continue with our plans to go to Aruba.

I am sure you will find many places with completely separate areas for smoking these days. They are definitely responding to the needs of the tourists, especially those from countries where smoking in public is outlawed.

None

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds