In-Aruba Travel Portal

Christmas in Aruba

More
13 years 7 months ago #7130 by horselover
We have never been to Aruba at Christmas before so this year we decided to go and see what it's like. Has anyone ever been there for Christmas? How do they celebrate Christmas? Is it anything like we do in the US?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7132 by Floater
Replied by Floater on topic RE:Christmas in Aruba
I have never been to Aruba around Christmas time, but I am sure they do it up very nicely. I have to say, though, that it always seems strange to me to celebrate Christmas in a warm climate. Somehow the lights and ornaments sparkle better in the snow. But, that's just me. I will say that I wouldn't turn down a trip to Aruba for Christmas, that's for sure!

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7136 by travelbug
Replied by travelbug on topic RE:Christmas in Aruba
Isn't it winter time in Aruba at Christmas? Is it cold then? I sure hope so. We spent many years living in Chile, South America and Christmas was rough. It's summertime at Christmas and it's very hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you can go swimming!

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7140 by romana
Replied by romana on topic RE:Christmas in Aruba
Aruba stays in the 80's all year long with an average low of 77 F in December. I do not like cold weather at all so I would not mind giving up the mittens for a swimsuit at Christmas.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7141 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Christmas in Aruba
I haven't actually celebrated Christmas Day there, but I have left on the 26th to go for the week between Christmas and New Year's. I feel like I get the best of both worlds that way - a cold Christmas Day and then I hit the beach for a week :)

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7143 by obanator
Replied by obanator on topic RE:Christmas in Aruba
Its the cold breeze that makes christmas spirit alive. I wouldnt want to spend that season during summer. It would be a BIG change though.

None

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds