Skip to content
Plan your trip

Managing your budget on Aruba

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Managing your budget on Aruba

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #7270 by Playn Jane
I was just going over my budget from my last trip to Aruba - I find this helps me see where I spend and how much to take next time. One thing I sometimes get caught out on is extra charges. Be sure to check your hotel's policy before you book. Some will add an 'energy fee' or an extra service charge to your final bill.

None
More
16 years 2 weeks ago #7315 by horselover
I always take more money than I plan to spend for those extra fees. Some hotels are terrible about charging for what they consider extras. Sometimes in a foreign country even restaurants charge extra for certain things. These fees are never advertised ahead of time.

None
More
16 years 2 weeks ago #7316 by Travelwithgrace
It's a really good idea to have an emergency fund tucked away for surprise expenses. I tend to plan out the cost of a hotel, local transport and the emergency money. Then I divide whatever is left into the number of days I am there. It helps me to have a guide for daily spending on food, drinks and leisure.

None
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement