In-Aruba Travel Portal

Traveler's Checks in Aruba

More
13 years 7 months ago #7314 by horselover
I'm wondering how traveler's checks are accepted in Aruba? Are they easy to cash? Would it be better to use them or just use our debit card and get money out of the local ATMs?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7317 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Traveler's Checks in Aruba
I always bring traveler's checks with me and have no problem using them anywhere on the island. Even the smallest shops will take them. I think it's a good idea to have back up to the credit/debit card.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7319 by tasha424
Yeah they do take them. I always have a few but I find most the time I just use the ATMs. I would only use travelers checks as a back up system as well.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7334 by Travelwithgrace
I think ATMs are the easiest option as they are convenient, I also like having one less thing to keep track of (security wise). It may be worth comparing the charges between the two if you are wondering about the financial pros and cons.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7338 by travelbug
I prefer to use my ATM debit card because the ATMs in Aruba give me Aruban money and I get a pretty fair exchange. I don't like the hassel of having to make sure they give me the correct change when I buy something with traveler's checks that are in dollars.

None

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds