- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Traveler's Checks in Aruba
- horselover
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
16 years 2 weeks ago #7314
by horselover
None
Traveler's Checks in Aruba was created by horselover
I'm wondering how traveler's checks are accepted in Aruba? Are they easy to cash? Would it be better to use them or just use our debit card and get money out of the local ATMs?
None
16 years 2 weeks ago #7317
by Toby
None
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Traveler's Checks in Aruba
I always bring traveler's checks with me and have no problem using them anywhere on the island. Even the smallest shops will take them. I think it's a good idea to have back up to the credit/debit card.
None
16 years 2 weeks ago #7319
by tasha424
None
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Traveler's Checks in Aruba
Yeah they do take them. I always have a few but I find most the time I just use the ATMs. I would only use travelers checks as a back up system as well.
None
- Travelwithgrace
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 2 weeks ago #7334
by Travelwithgrace
None
Replied by Travelwithgrace on topic RE:Traveler's Checks in Aruba
I think ATMs are the easiest option as they are convenient, I also like having one less thing to keep track of (security wise). It may be worth comparing the charges between the two if you are wondering about the financial pros and cons.
None
16 years 2 weeks ago #7338
by travelbug
None
Replied by travelbug on topic RE:Traveler's Checks in Aruba
I prefer to use my ATM debit card because the ATMs in Aruba give me Aruban money and I get a pretty fair exchange. I don't like the hassel of having to make sure they give me the correct change when I buy something with traveler's checks that are in dollars.
None
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds