In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba and jellyfish

More
13 years 7 months ago #7375 by Playn Jane
Just thought I would remind people to be sensible when there are warnings about jellyfish in the water around Aruba. It's not a major issue but they do come close to shore sometimes and there are always people who choose to swim and paddle anyhow!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7378 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Aruba and jellyfish
Oooo, I remember being stung by a jellyfish in Florida when I was little. I was really little, like 3 or 4, so I don't have a vivid memory of it, but that's probably a good thing. What I do remember is crying A LOT for a long time, lol. All these years later, I know enough to avoid jellyfish so I never have to go through that again.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7379 by Travelwithgrace
Thanks for the reminder. Vionette that must have been horrid, especially being so small. I heard about someone who went snorkelling in the waters around Aruba and got stung by jellyfish pieces! It seems the bigger boats can chop them up in the propellers but the pieces can still sting. Yikes!

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7387 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Aruba and jellyfish
I have never been stung by a jelly fish either but I had a friend who was stung by one. It looks like it is really painful. It is a nice warning to help us remember to keep our eyes open.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7405 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Aruba and jellyfish
I hate to be gross, but is there any truth to the pee remedy? I've heard that human urine can bring relief to a jellyfish sting. Not sure where I heard that, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has heard of it.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7431 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Aruba and jellyfish
Lol, never heard of that remedy. I have also never been stung by a jelly fish. So what do you do if you get stung by one. Do you have to go to the hospital?

None

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds