Skip to content
Plan your trip

Cell Phone Rentals

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Cell Phone Rentals

More
16 years 1 week ago #7394 by Sunnyside
Cell Phone Rentals was created by Sunnyside
I just found out that it is actually possible to rent a cell phone while you are on Aruba. You can do this while at the airport. I was wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, how much did it cost? My cell phone works there, but the roaming charges can be very high!

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7398 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
Yeah I sometimes will rent one while I am there. You can get them at the airport but they are more expensive there. It is better to do from a local shop near the hotel you stay at.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7406 by zoie4
Replied by zoie4 on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
Fastphones is one company that rents phones in Aruba. If you click the link you can see the pricing charts. Looks like it is about $50 to rent a phone for 1 week.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7413 by Playn Jane
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
If you really, really need a phone then I guess price doesn't matter too much. However if it is just for the odd call then the roaming charge would likely be less than the rental! Now I come to think of it I can't recall if there are public phones around on the island. If there are that would be fine for local calls.

None
More
16 years 1 week ago #7414 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
We looked into this, but I honestly don't think it would be worth it because I don't plan on calling home except for maybe once during the middle of the trip. If there is an emergency, someone will call me. Otherwise, I'm going to check in once and I want to be left alone the rest of the time ;)

None
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement