In-Aruba Travel Portal

Cell Phone Rentals

More
13 years 7 months ago #7394 by Sunnyside
Cell Phone Rentals was created by Sunnyside
I just found out that it is actually possible to rent a cell phone while you are on Aruba. You can do this while at the airport. I was wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, how much did it cost? My cell phone works there, but the roaming charges can be very high!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7398 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
Yeah I sometimes will rent one while I am there. You can get them at the airport but they are more expensive there. It is better to do from a local shop near the hotel you stay at.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7406 by zoie4
Replied by zoie4 on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
Fastphones is one company that rents phones in Aruba. If you click the link you can see the pricing charts. Looks like it is about $50 to rent a phone for 1 week.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7413 by Playn Jane
Replied by Playn Jane on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
If you really, really need a phone then I guess price doesn't matter too much. However if it is just for the odd call then the roaming charge would likely be less than the rental! Now I come to think of it I can't recall if there are public phones around on the island. If there are that would be fine for local calls.

None

More
13 years 7 months ago #7414 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Cell Phone Rentals
We looked into this, but I honestly don't think it would be worth it because I don't plan on calling home except for maybe once during the middle of the trip. If there is an emergency, someone will call me. Otherwise, I'm going to check in once and I want to be left alone the rest of the time ;)

None

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds