- Posts: 111
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Aruba and snakes
16 years 1 week ago #7442
by paddy
None
Aruba and snakes was created by paddy
I have always loved snaked. I have never been a person who would run and hide from them. Does anyone know what sort of snakes they have in Aruba. Are any poisonous?
None
16 years 1 week ago #7450
by tasha424
None
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
There are only two different species of snakes that are native to Aruba. The Santanero is harmless and is common in Aruba. The cascabel on the other hand is a dangerous rattle snake. They do not rattle though so you do have to be careful. They are almost extinct so your chances of seeing one is very rare. They only live in the area between Jamanota, Fontein and San Nicolas.
None
16 years 1 week ago #7467
by paddy
None
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
It is good to know there is not much worry about snakes in Aruba then. Since they are an endangered species does that mean that the area they live in is closed off to visitors?
None
- BeachBunny
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 1 week ago #7471
by BeachBunny
None
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
For a desert climate, they have a surprisingly low snake population. I think I've seen maybe one or two while driving through the more deserted parts of the island. Good thing because unlike Paddy, I hate snakes!
None
16 years 1 week ago #7473
by Kat
None
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
Oh, goodness! I'm not a fan of snakes either! I think I'd die if I saw one in an unfamiliar place too. Thankfully, they aren't abundant in Aruba.
None
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds