In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba and snakes

More
13 years 6 months ago #7442 by paddy
Aruba and snakes was created by paddy
I have always loved snaked. I have never been a person who would run and hide from them. Does anyone know what sort of snakes they have in Aruba. Are any poisonous?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7450 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
There are only two different species of snakes that are native to Aruba. The Santanero is harmless and is common in Aruba. The cascabel on the other hand is a dangerous rattle snake. They do not rattle though so you do have to be careful. They are almost extinct so your chances of seeing one is very rare. They only live in the area between Jamanota, Fontein and San Nicolas.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7467 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
It is good to know there is not much worry about snakes in Aruba then. Since they are an endangered species does that mean that the area they live in is closed off to visitors?

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7471 by BeachBunny
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
For a desert climate, they have a surprisingly low snake population. I think I've seen maybe one or two while driving through the more deserted parts of the island. Good thing because unlike Paddy, I hate snakes!

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7473 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Aruba and snakes
Oh, goodness! I'm not a fan of snakes either! I think I'd die if I saw one in an unfamiliar place too. Thankfully, they aren't abundant in Aruba.

None

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds