In-Aruba Travel Portal

Tunnel of Love closed?

More
13 years 6 months ago #7540 by Toby
Tunnel of Love closed? was created by Toby
I've heard that the cave tour called the Tunnel of Love has been closed. Can anyone confirm this? Did they close all the caves or just that particular one? And why?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7565 by Playn Jane
They do tend to close that 'attraction' periodically to clear out the roaches that live there! Sorry, but I have never heard a positive review about it. Most people will complain of bats, humidity and rock climbing in order to exit.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7603 by tasha424
Replied by tasha424 on topic RE:Tunnel of Love closed?
It is a cave, you kind of have to expect there are going to be bugs and creepy crawly things. If you do not like the dark and bugs and scary places you might want to avoid this. After all there is a strong freaky legend about that place.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7610 by paddy
Replied by paddy on topic RE:Tunnel of Love closed?
I have heard about the tunnel of love but I have never heard of the legend that is associated with it. I would love to hear more about it if someone has that information. Thanks.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7615 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:Tunnel of Love closed?
I'll ask my Mom about the legend. The only time she has ever mentioned this place was to complain that older people get stuck trying to get out as you literally have to climb up rocks. If that is the case then they should say that before people set off (and pay!).

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7618 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Tunnel of Love closed?
Well, yea, it is dark and damp and I've seen bats. Maybe I'm just weird, but I enjoyed the tour when I did it years ago. Back then, they used to give you a little certificate saying that you went "through" the Tunnel of Love. Not sure if they do that anymore, but it was cute.

So, I'm assuming it isn't closed for good then. That's good to know :)

None

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds