In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba and PKU

More
13 years 6 months ago #7560 by paddy
Aruba and PKU was created by paddy
I have a good friend with PKU who is going to go to Aruba. I do not totally understand PKU but I know he can not eat protein, or not much anyway. He is worried about his diet in Aruba. Do you think he has anything to worry about?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7563 by Ican
Replied by Ican on topic RE:Aruba and PKU
I do not really think so. I have a family member with diabetes that goes to Aruba and it all works out alright. I know PKU and diabetes are different but I think Aruban's really try to accommodate people.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7597 by romana
Replied by romana on topic RE:Aruba and PKU
What is PKU? I have never heard of it before. I remember when my kids were born they pricked their feet and took a little blood sample to test for it. Anyone have more information?

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7600 by Chase
Replied by Chase on topic RE:Aruba and PKU
PKU stands for phenylketonuria. In short it means that your body does not have the correct enzymes to break down certain amino acids. It is considered to be a metabolic disorder.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7605 by Ican
Replied by Ican on topic RE:Aruba and PKU
I just had another thought. You could contact the National PKU Alliance. They have a similar alliance for people with diabetes. Sometimes they can assist you in planning for an over seas trip.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7617 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Aruba and PKU
I really wouldn't worry about it. The food available in Aruba is quite varied and I'm sure most or all restaurants will be very accommodating. They deal with people from all over the world with various dietary needs on a daily basis, so I'm pretty sure they will do what they have to in order to help.

None

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds