In-Aruba Travel Portal

Rental Car vs Taxi

More
12 years 10 months ago #8805 by Jetsetter
Rental Car vs Taxi was created by Jetsetter
Let's say that a family of 3 or 4 is planning to stay in Aruba and enjoy the place for a week, which would probably cost them more - renting a car or just using the taxi or bus? What to expect on the cost of renting a car? What about taxi and bus fares? Is it fairly easy to drive around the place?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8806 by JillyandCraig
It's hard to answer which would be cheaper as it depends on your plans and circumstances. If you are wanting to take a few day trips/go sightsee-ing then a rental car would give you freedom to go places the tours don't. Plus you move at your own pace. If it's more just local things that interest you the bus or a taxi would be more economical.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8823 by Zooba
Replied by Zooba on topic Re: Rental Car vs Taxi
I think it would be more helpful to know what some of your plans are and how far away from activities you intend to stay. A rental car gives you more freedom but if you are only going to go to a few places a taxi probably relieve stress of driving and be cheaper.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8832 by VitDAddict
Replied by VitDAddict on topic Re: Rental Car vs Taxi
We may have to go for a rental car. I don't want to wear my wife out by trying to see things too quickly for her. She has a hard time getting around anyway and I sure don't want to rush her.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8833 by HurricaneAndy
I will probably have to rent a car so my girlfriend and I can go to different places. We plan to see everything we can see while we're there, so it would make more sense for me to rent a car.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8920 by Relyne
Replied by Relyne on topic Re: Rental Car vs Taxi
I would go with a rental car, just because of the convenience. It will be there so you can use it at a moment's notice. Whereas with a taxi or a bus you have to be on a set schedule.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds