In-Aruba Travel Portal

Bonbini Festival

More
14 years 2 months ago #4118 by Kat
Bonbini Festival was created by Kat
This takes place all year long at Fort Zoutman. They do it one night a week (Tuesday, I think) for a couple hours and it's a cool experience. There is shopping, drinks, music, and food.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4120 by Jordan
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Bonbini Festival
That sounds really interesting! Can you tell me more about the festival? Is it in celebration of something or is it just one big ongoing party? I don't mind either way, but it would be nice to know the origins of the festival.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4122 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Bonbini Festival
If I remember correctly, "Bonbini" means "welcome." I think the idea behind the festival and having it every week is for the tourists to celebrate Aruban style. There are local artists, entertainers, and musicians. There is also a fee to get into the festival - I can't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't a lot.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4149 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Bonbini Festival
I love local culture of any means, and music would be my favorite. I have yet to check out any local scene in my travels and not find something truly amazing (rather than the constant bitter batter of "hip" stuff on the radio we all hear).

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4156 by Jordan
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Bonbini Festival
Wow! That sounds so cool! I like that it's a "welcome" festival. I guess if you live somewhere like Aruba that every day is like a holiday. *Sigh* I'd celebrate a lot if I could stay there too.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4161 by Vionette
Replied by Vionette on topic RE:Bonbini Festival
Jordan - No kidding! Let's all just move there and celebrate everyday :D

I can't wait to hear the music in Aruba and this little festival sounds like the perfect place for it. I love steel drums. There is something so relaxing about them that makes me want to just kick back and sip on a pina colada.

None

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds