In-Aruba Travel Portal

Everything in Oranjestad

More
14 years 2 months ago #4130 by Luke
Are all the facilities and entertainments placed in Oranjested or are they scattered throughout the island? It would be great to just stay in one place to visit all the things that should be seen while I'm on vacation.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4131 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Everything in Oranjestad
There are tons of things to see all over the island, but it is a very small island so traveling around is not time consuming. It is less than 20 miles from one end to the other. Don't confine yourself to Oranjestad - go explore!

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4132 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Everything in Oranjestad
Absolutely, there is lots to see all over the island. There are historical sites and tourist sites and all the different hotels have entertainment and great restaurants. Rent a car or grab a cab and go forth and experience Aruba :D

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4171 by Jordan
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Everything in Oranjestad
I like to drive myself but I may just take a cab to sites to visit. The natives there are sure to know the streets, shortcuts and all of the best places to go much better than I ever would.

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4172 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Everything in Oranjestad
Just to let you know, the island is VERY easy to navigate. Even if you get lost, you still won't be far from your destination and you will easily find your way back on track. I have been to other islands where I don't bother renting a car because I don't feel like getting lost and going waaaay off the beaten path, but Aruba is not like that. When you rent a car in Aruba, the map they give you is super easy to follow.

If you're just heading out for dinner, sure, get a cab. But if you want to have control over where you go and when you leave and all that good stuff I would take the plunge and rent a car. Or, even better, a motorcycle or Jeep :)

None

More
14 years 2 months ago #4179 by Jordan
Replied by Jordan on topic RE:Everything in Oranjestad
Do they rent those little scooters in Oranjestad? I found those really easy to use on other vacations and I would say they would be easier getting around on than a motorcycle.

None

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds