In-Aruba Travel Portal

Local people in Aruba

More
13 years 11 months ago #4819 by offseason
I am glad to know that local people in Aruba have a tendency of helping other people including the visitors. I think the way you are treated in a place is so important as the beauty and attractions you can find in the place.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4850 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Local people in Aruba
Tourism is one of the main industry of the island so they must learn how to provide good service and helpful character to attract more tourists to come to the island. It is no wonder why the locals are so kind to the tourists because they want to please them as much as possible for them to return to the island.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4852 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Local people in Aruba
That is nice though. To be made to feel welcome really makes a difference. If you go some places in the US, they don't care whether you come around or not. I have been made to feel as if I was in the way a lot of time. For example, New York is terribly unfriendly to tourist. If you don't get out of the way or know how to do things you are a target for the locals to either abuse or deride you.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4894 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Local people in Aruba
Luke wrote:

Tourism is one of the main industry of the island so they must learn how to provide good service and helpful character to attract more tourists to come to the island. It is no wonder why the locals are so kind to the tourists because they want to please them as much as possible for them to return to the island.

You might be right, they act so kindly to other people especially tourists on purpose. But it's possible that the kindness and friendliness are already there as their inherent characteristic, regardless the tourism industry they rely their income on.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5569 by beth
Replied by beth on topic RE:Local people in Aruba
I have found this to be true all around the world, that if you go to places that tourism is a main industry for the nation, the people are generally very welcoming and helpful. Partly because they all work for the tourist agencies and want you go buy a trip, but also partly because they are genuinely happy to have you fall in love with what their country has to offer.

None

More
13 years 9 months ago #5574 by bessie
Replied by bessie on topic RE:Local people in Aruba
I have never been to a place where I was treated badly as a visitor so I guess I have been lucky. I doubt it would be wise for most locals to do either seeing as they would want visitors bringing in profits for the sales of merchandise.

None

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds