In-Aruba Travel Portal

Food Vendors

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4828 by WaterWings
Food Vendors was created by WaterWings
I know there are probably a lot of food vendors there. My question is do they license them and do they have sanitation standards they have to meet before they can sell food? I usually like to sample different foods where ever I go but I sure don't want to get food poisoning while I'm on vacation?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4885 by Grable
Replied by Grable on topic RE:Food Vendors
Surely they would have since it's a Dutch province. I would assume they would have to pass the same standards as they do back in the country. I usually look at tell tale signs anyway when I go anywhere to make sure they are clean when they prepare and serve food.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4888 by cerin
Replied by cerin on topic RE:Food Vendors
It never hurts to ask either. I know that many places have no issues with answering questions that non-locals have and the only time I ran into issues myself is when I was visiting a small town in Mexico but I think that had something to do with my lack of espanol too. :D

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4940 by Lincoln
Replied by Lincoln on topic RE:Food Vendors
We can rinse or wash the foods first to make sure that the fresh foods we are eating are clean. This is what I always do whenever I visit a new place. I don't know how they handle the fruits and vegetables for transport so I'm not sure if it is clean to eat even if the shop has a license to sell clean foods.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4944 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Food Vendors
I have no issues doing that myself if I am able to cook within my hotel suite but in some places, I remember one example when I was in London that there was everything but a sink in the kitchen area. It was interesting to try and cook our meals that way, it seems we were booked in a suite that should not have been on the list for "available" as it was still under construction.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5135 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Food Vendors
I love to sample new and different foods. I hadn't really stopped to think about whether or not they license the vendors there. I'm going to have to look more into that. I agree with Grable though, I'd say they probably do since it is a Dutch province. Does anyone now what type of foods the vendors would offer?

None

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds