In-Aruba Travel Portal

Did you know?

More
14 years 4 days ago #5036 by coconut
Did you know? was created by coconut
I was randomly searching facts online, so I popped in "Aruba" and came across a note on the AA (American Airlines) website:

When you’re in Aruba, you do not need to buy bottled drinking water. The island’s tap water is relatively uncontaminated and thirst quenching because it has been purified in a plant known as WEB, one of the world’s largest desalination plants.

I oddly did not know this but I do love learning interesting facts and I am sure this will stick with me for my trip as I am not one that likes to buy bottled water in the first place. ;)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #5038 by mitchelle15
Replied by mitchelle15 on topic RE:Did you know?
I've tried drinking the tap water in here not only once but many times. Honestly, the water is safe. I have not encountered any water issues like stomach pain, gastro-enteritis and other diseases. Fortunately, my stomach is not sensitive like others. But if you're traveling with kids, prefer to buy bottled water.

None

More
14 years 3 days ago #5060 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Did you know?
This is great to know. I spend a lot on bottled water whenever I go to a different place because I don't know how clean the tap water is. How is the taste of the water in Aruba? Is it like a bottled water?

None

More
14 years 8 hours ago #5090 by travelinggal
Replied by travelinggal on topic RE:Did you know?
Interesting fact there and good to know. I hate spending money on things like bottled water when I don't have too. Especially when I am on vacation and there is so much else to spend it on. :)

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5126 by sandboom
Replied by sandboom on topic RE:Did you know?
That's good news, thanks Coconut for sharing. I have a recurring kidney problem and I would always need to take a lot of water to keep the kidneys from acting up.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5134 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Did you know?
That is definitely good to know. I'm glad that I won't have to buy bottled water. It will save me a lot of money. Thanks so much for posting this, I was wondering about the water.

None

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds