In-Aruba Travel Portal

Al Gore Will Be Speaking In Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6963 by Sunnyside
I just found out that Al Gore will be speaking at a conference in Aruba on September 29, 2010 regarding Aruba's future with green energy. I am not sure where it is being hosted, though, but I am sure it won't be hard to find. Just thought I would mention it, just in case anyone here will be in Aruba during that time. It may be interesting...

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6966 by Vionette
That's pretty interesting that Al Gore is taking an interest in such a small island. I know he's very involved with environmental protection, but I thought he typically focused on more industrialized countries.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6968 by BeachBunny
I too am a little surprised that he is taking an interest in Aruba. I think it's fantastic, but I thought he was focusing his efforts on bigger countries. Is Aruba planning something that is making him taking an interest?

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6970 by Chipper
I think he's been invited because it is the first conference of this type on Aruba and of course he has a distinguished background in environmental issues. Looks like it will be great, wish I could be there. They are also going to be showing his Oscar winning documentary at several venues prior to the conference, so if you are around look out for that as well.

None

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds