In-Aruba Travel Portal

Chess tournaments on Aruba

More
13 years 6 months ago #7041 by Chipper
I read recently that Aruba has quite a decent chess following. Is there any chance of a live tournament being held there in the next six months or so? I would love to see that when I am there.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7050 by romana
I know they just had a big chess tournament back in June and July. I am not sure if they have more coming up soon. There are lots of people there that you can challenge to a game of chess though.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7069 by Travelwithgrace
I have also seen many people playing chess in cafes and just around and about. If you take a set you can make lots of new friends for sure. Or just hang around and watch others playing and as Romana said someone will give you a game. There are also ad hoc comps through the year so watch the news pages for them.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7085 by BeachBunny
I've seen some people playing chess around hotel pools or in the lobby before. I am a terrible chess player so I steer clear, but that's interesting to know that they host tournaments there.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7237 by Chipper
Cheers folks. I will definitely be looking out for the locals playing, and hope for news of a regular tournament sometime soon as well. I don't want to add extra luggage by taking a set so it's good to know I can find someone to take pity and give me a game!

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7243 by Floater
I could picture Aruba being a nice place to have a chess tournament, since you can do it outdoors and Aruba is beautiful all year long.

None

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds